Global Challenges Youth and Technology Centers
(in short "GloCha Centers")
Connecting Your city and your young global citizens with global challenges and global resources
GloCha Youth and ICT Centers - A proposal put forward to be mainstreamed as the
"leading transformative youth focused local level post2015 Means of Implementation instrument"
in the context of
- Technology Bank and Science, Technology and Innovation Supporting Mechanism dedicated to the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) http://unohrlls.org/technologybank/
- UN System Wide Action Plan on Youth http://www.unsceb.org/content/un-system-wide-action-plan-youth
- UNFCCC (Climate Change) Capacity Building (Draft COP21 Outcome document as of 24 July2015: "OBJECTIVE: The objective of capacity-building should be to enable [developing country Parties][Parties not included in annex X][all Parties] to identify, design and implement adaptation and mitigation actions and to enable domestic technology development and the absorption of technology and finance for the implementation of the Convention.]
- UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development (ESD Global Action program Goal: "reorient education and learning so that everyone has the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes that empower them to contribute to sustainable development – and make a difference" http://www.unesco.org/new/en/unesco-world-conference-on-esd-2014/esd-after-2014/global-action-programme/
- preparations for UN Habitat III Conference
- UN Women http://ignite.globalfundforwomen.org/
- Global Challenges Action Network's Global Challenges Giving Pledge Conference 2016
International Conference “Sustainable Development, Innovation and Youth”, held 4 – 6 June 2014 in Klagenfurt/Austria (adoption of Klagenfurt Leadership Declaration on Global Challenges, Youth and ICT and rpesentation of outline of “Klagefnurt Hub on Global Challenges,Youth and ICT
West Africa Regional Workshop on Youth, Information and Communication Technologies and Global Challenges, 21 & 22 May 2014, Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT in Accra/Ghana
Action plan towards Replicability/Potential for large scale roll-out:
developing and testing replicable basic modules in the context of Klagenfurt Hub on Global Challenges, Youth and ICT with TUBITAK as research and technology development partner in the context of Technology Bank for LDCs.
mentioning of GloCha centers in LDC Technology Bank High Level Panel Report (summer 2015) as a suitable instrument for youth focused technology, science and innovation facilitation in LDCs that can provide a strong impetus to accelerating structural transformation and sustainable development of the LDCs (thus creating the basis for future co-financing of GloCha centers through Official Developmetn Assistance programs).
pilot cases with common basic modules and varying specific modules in different settings (citizen science (with Wikimedia Foundation) in Istanbul and "Global Challenges Urban games" (-> Habitat III input, see http://webtv.un.org/search/with-foresight-games-and-information-and-communication-technologies-towards-sustainable-cities/3019543001001?term=iaai), climate resilient agriculture young entrepreneurs in Burkina Faso (Austrian ODA innovation test) , overcoming gender technology gap in South Africa (UN Women programs), ...)
presentation of pilot cases in globally broadcasted TV show "2015 Global Challenges Youth Music Contest"
Cooperation agreements (MoUs) signed with UN Habitat, Office of the High Representative for Landlocked, Least Developed and Small Island States, UCLG (City of Istanbul), UNESCO regarding fundraising at Global Challenges Giving Pledge Conference 2016 in Klagenfurt
mentioning of GloCha Centers in UN GA Resolution on GloCha, October 2015
Documentation of Past Efforts to operationalize and define GloCha Centers:
Global Challenges Centers CONCEPT - Presentation by Abdrahamane OUEDRAOGO IAAI Representative in Burkina Faso; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Epk3nXNU4
IAAI/GloCha West Africa Regional Workshop on Youth, Information and Communication Technologies and Global Challenges, 21 & 22 May 2014, Accra/Ghana
GloCha Conference 2014 - Sustainable Development, Innovation and Youth (Building the Knowledge Base and Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure for Youth Led Civic Engagement in Sustainable Development Action) - Session 4 -- Information and Communication Technologies of - Tihomir Divjak - GloCha Youth and ICT centers as Satellite Based Internet Service Connectivity Providers in West Africa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yobnFsquSLg
GloCha Centers areas of activities Graph in Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest Report
http://www.academia.edu/2401920/The_Rio_20_Global_Youth_Music_Contest_Journey_Towards_The_Future_We_Want_-_Photo_documentary_presented_in_the_context_of_ International_Day_of_Youth_12_August_2012 (page)
International Workshop "MobilizeDiaspora4SD - Mobilization of Intellectual and Financial Resources from Diaspora for Knowledge Based Sustainable Development in Southeast Europe, 12 October 2011, Sarajevo, Parliament of Bosnia and Herzegovina http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/167-sarajevo-workshop: