Here Comes the Heartpower for Rio+20 –
Announcement of the Winners of Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest!
Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest www.global-rockstar.net invited young people from around the world to participate in Rio+20 by singing of their visions of a sustainable world in the context of United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development www.uncsd2012.org.
313 songs have been submitted by young artists from 40 countries.
19 March till 18 May 2012 there has been going on an online voting with more than 200.000 visitors at the voting page www.global-rockstar.net.
As the voting phase has been successfully completed we are now delighted to present to you the winners of Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest:
– The winner in the category “Young” (up to 15 years) – who is also the overall winner of Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest with a total of 44.251 votes – is the Choir Santo Amaro de Oeiras from Portugal with the Song “Meu Planeta Azul” (My Blue Planet)
– The winner in the category „Young“ are Milena Paraschiv and Radu Popescu from Romania with the song “Open Your Eyes”
Rio+20 GYMC CD:
Teenage Rockstar/Global Rockstar http://www.teenage-rockstar.net/ – a company based in Vienna who partnered with IAAI regarding technical aspects and music management aspects of Rio+20 GYMC – is offering a Rio+20 GYMC CD with a selection of 20 songs from the competition. Pre-orders can be placed here: http://www.global-rockstar.net/global-rockstar-rio-20-music
I US$ of each purchased CD will be donated to IAAI for implementation of next round of Global Youth Music Contest and implementation of Rio+20 outcomes.
You are encouraged to order the CD as this CD documents Rio+20 GYMC as a milestone of innovative global youth culture.
– IAAI organizes a Side event at Rio+20 conference which will also be used for planning of action oriented next round of GYMC (there will be developed a Global Citizenship/Global Social Responsibility voluntary commitments initiative and linked with Volunteer Action Counts http://www.volunteeractioncounts.org/en/ and other initiatives like e.g. Starts With You http://en.swu.com.br/ (to be confirmed)) 14 June 2012 in Rio.
Individuals and representatives of youth organizations/networks, etc. interested to get involved in GYMC coordination are welcome to join us at the event or to express interest to get involved by sending an email to office @ glocha.info .
Title: Rio+20 15/15/15 Formula – Heartpower and Action for The Future We Want
Date & Time Slot: 14 Jun 2012, 09:30 – 11:00; Venue: T-4 (RioCentro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
IAAI has submitted ‘
You are kindly invited to support 15/15/15 recommendation in the context of Rio+20 dialogues:
Thank you for your support!
Jean Paul, Anam and Miro
Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest coordination team at IAAI
Info about IAAI:
“International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges IAAI” www.glocha.info – is a not-for profit private association, which has been established under Austrian law of associations by an international group of scientists, science managers and futures studies experts in April 2007. IAAI seat is in Klagenfurt/Austria. IAAI main objective is to explore and promote systemic innovation regarding resource mobilization of global civil society for effective global governance in support of the work of United Nation System.
- Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest presentation at UN High Level Meeting on Youth, 25 July 2011, New York http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/137-rio-2012-youth-song
- Press release regarding Rio+20 GYMC preparatory workshop in Klagenfurt/Austria 12-16 September 2011 http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/169-gymc-resources
- Rio+20 GYMC @ UN Alliance of Civilizations Annual Forum in Doha/Qatar, 12 December 2011
- Informal Strategy Development Workshop “Thematic Priority ‘Innovation and Youth’ – Key to Success at Rio+20?!”, 23 Jan 2012, New York http://www.uncsd2012.org/rio20/index.php?page=view&nr=506&type=13&menu=23
- Rio+20 Arts and Media Partnership Workshop 23 March 2012, NY http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/190-invrio20artsmediapartnershipwsny (video documentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRomn7V_OjE&feature=related – recommended: the section with Rio+20 GYMC coordinator Fatima Vieira presenting GYMC coordination efforts in Portugal (minute 40 onwards)
- Rio+20 GYMC event in Boston/US http://www.thesoundingboard.com/events.html and video documentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na18qlbVreQ&feature=g-upl
- Rio+20 GYMC event in Beijing/China 19 May 2012 http://www.ucca.org.cn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2212&Itemid=43&lang=en
- Further resources (Rio+20 GYMC flyer in French, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Kishwahili, list of national and regional coordinators, activity reports, etc.) http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/169-gymc-resources