IAAI participated with a strong delegation in 2016 Bonn Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC SBI44)16-20th of May 2016.
(from left: Joseph Robertson, Jean Paul Brice Affana, Anam Gill, Martin Rutar)
-joint side event with CliMates on Climate Change Education and Youth Empowerment (details can be found in the attachment), video of the event: https://youtu.be/0E7i6pl_3O8
– meeting with Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of UNFCCC
– prepaaration for #GYMC16 with UNFCCC and COP22 host country http://www.cop22.ma/
detailed info regarding the side event:
Communicating Climate Change & Empowering Action: Youth, Social Media, Music & Resource Mobilization
an official Side Event to 2016 Bonn Climate Change Conference
Date: Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 16:45—18:15
Venue: Bonn I/II
The question: How can global community set up at COP22 a youth focused resource mobilization and multistakeholder engagement support system for climate action?
The context: Article 6/ACE, lessons learned at COP20 & 21 + outcomes of 2016 ECOSOC Youth Forum climate change session http://bit.ly/1oovlwu
– What is needed for effective and rewarding climate action youth engagement (ECOSOC Youth Forum climate change breakout session proposals: http://newsroom.unfccc.int/unfccc-newsroom/youth-demand-stronger-voice-in-shaping-international-climate-action/)
– Resource mobilization – concrete ideas!!
– What did we learn at COP21 and where do we stand in the preparations for COP22 and COY12?
– UN system at work
|Timothy Damon, YOUNGO|
|Miroslav Polzer, IAAI GloCha|
|Yann Lesestre, CliMates|
|Merouane Touali, COP22 organizing team|
|Adriana Valenzuela UNFCCC|
|Joseph Robertson CCEN|
|Renice Anna-Lee Bostic, Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network|
Michael Xu, China
|Margaux Jobin, CliMates &|
|Jean Paul Brice Affana Affana, AVD & IAAI|